"Welcome to St David's Church, Exeter"
Shoe Boxes for Moldova:
Your response has been wonderful. We were given the names of 37 people, mostly children, who would love to get a Christmas present. All of these have been snapped up, 14 by the Junior Church. More boxes just labelled boy, girl ,man, woman and age group would be very welcome indeed.
The boxes need to brought to church by Sunday November 29th at the latest to catch the transport lorry.
Heritage Lottery Fund have awarded us £50,000 for the preparation phase of the work. Over the next nine months we are working with our engineers and architect so that we know the exact detail of all the work that needs to be done.
Click on the Transformation tab to find out about our progress
Visiting or new to Exeter? Everyone is welcome to join us for a weekday or Sunday service
- Next Sunday 29 Nov Traidcraft Stall Christmas goods will be available
- Quiet Day: Tom is leading a Quiet Day at Sheldon THIS WEDNESDAY 25 November. Details from The Society of Mary and Martha website
- Coffee morning at The Mint Methodist Church with guests from Exeter’s Islamic Centre & the Mosque. Please bring a photograph of your family to share THIS WEDNESDAY 25 Nov 2015 10:30 - 12:00 noon ALL WELCOME. Contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- The next Messy Church is NEXT SATURDAY 28 November in St David's at 4pm, with crafty fun, singing and a story, and a delicious tea. Please your friends and any adults who would like to come as well
- Women’s Group: Reflection for Advent Tuesday 1 December 6:30-7:30 in The Lady Chapel
- Taizé service 7 December 6:15-7pm in the Mary Harris Chapel (at the university)
- Bishop Sarah is coming to St David's on Sunday 13 December for a Confirmation Service at 9:30am
- Women’s Group: New Year’s Dinner on Tuesday 19 January 6:00 for 6:30pm at Pasha (Turkish Restaurant in South Street). Make sure you have a separate notice about this to take away today
- Friday 4 December 4pm (for 40 mins) a performance of ‘Doubt’ at St David’s Church. Doubt by John Patrick Shanley explores relationships within the convent and what happens when the Catholic nun heading a Bronx elementary school in 1964 begins to suspect the young, parish priest of an inappropriate relationship with a student. By University of Exeter students as part of their third year final production
- Shoe Boxes for Moldova: NEXT SUNDAY IS THE DEADLINE to bring these back
- St David's Neighbourhood Committee Photo Competition "Scene in St David's" with prizes. See notice board for details. Email: email@example.com
- Night of a Thousand Voices: at Exeter Cathedral on Friday 11 December 7:30pm. An evening of music by a number of local choirs, and carol singing to make a difference this Christmas. All proceeds to the work of Christian Aid combatting malaria among mothers and new born children in Nigeria (the UK government will match every pound raised). See the poster in church for details
Monthly News from The Diocese of Exeter